3 Axis Milling
3 AXIS MILLING ROUTINES TO MACHINE COMPLEX, CONTOURED SURFACES ROUTINELY ENCOUNTERED IN MOLD MAKING AND AEROSPACE APPLICATIONS
Fast Programming Strategies
3 Axis Milling routines to machine complex, contoured surfaces routinely encountered in mold making and aerospace applications.
See CAMWorks Live!
3 Axis Milling modules are built on the core fundamentals of:
- Feature-based machining - Reduces programming time by as much as 90% compared to other traditional 3 axis CAM software.
- Knowledge-based machining - Allows you to capture and reuse the best practices for various operations
- Full toolpath associativity to solid models - Automatically updates the tools paths and CAM data
- CAMWorks VoluMill™ - the ultra-high performance toolpath generator for rough milling operations
While CAMWorks 3 Axis cycles are developed for speed, accuracy and efficient memory usage, it also ensures that simple and complex parts can be cut quickly and accurately with a high-quality toolpath.
Some of the machining features included are:
- Adaptive roughing strategy provides the ability to cut using the full depth of the tool and safely run your machine at optimum speed. This can reduce machining time up to 40% over conventional roughing with less wear.
- 3 Axis finishing operations include parallel slice cut, constant stepover, Z-level, curve project, and others
- Z Level/Constant stopover combination operation can be used for machining steep and shallower slope areas in one toolpath.
- All 3 Axis milling operations support rest or leftover machining. Rest machining is used to reduce air cutting by restricting toolpaths to areas within the feature that have not been machined previously.
- The curve project cycle removes material by projecting 2.5 Axis engrave or curve features on the 3 Axis feature. CAMWorks can calculate a single pass or multiple passes for engraving.
- Provide the ability to generate toolpaths as separate threads and in separate processes. Multiple toolpaths will generate simultaneously and at the same time the user can continue working in other areas or on other CAM models.
Sealegs Intl.: A CAMWorks Success Story
"Working with CAMWorks makes it easy for us since all the CAM data is saved along with the part (design that is being machined). With CAMWorks, a programmer can be certain that he is accessing the latest version of the model together with the latest CAM data every time he checks a file out of PDM vault. This feature is quite brilliant!" - Vladan Zubcic, Sealegs International
Sealegs International is the world’s largest manufacturer of amphibious boats, New Zealand-based Sealegs International manufactures recreational and rescue crafts that can be driven in and out of water.